Here’s a compilation of recent tweets and retweets regarding drives and fundraisers for areas affected by Typhoon Sendong. Please note that these are copied as is. Let us know if there has been a misinformation and we’ll do our best to rectify them immediately.
- Department of Education
- DepEd-CSCA appeals for Toys and School Supplies donations for schoolchildren victims of Typhoon Sendong
- Contact Person: Sheila Flores, 0929-239-3913
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (DepEd-CSCA) is soliciting toys, books and other educational materials and supplies for the resumption of classes in Cagayan de Oro City and Iligan City this January.
- In December 2011, Typhoon Sendong left the cities of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan with damaged school buildings, wet books, and empty libraries. DepEd-CSCA believes that whatever donations will be gathered from kindhearted individuals and organizations will help encourage kids to attend school and to help them recover from the trauma they have suffered.
- This initiative is anchored on The Kindergarten Advocacy and Donation Project of DepEd-CSCA following the implementation of the Universal Kindergarten Program by DepEd Secretary Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC in connection with the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- For queries and coordination, please look for DepEd-CSCA Executive Director Joey G. Pelaez at the DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, with telephone numbers (02) 636-3603 or (02) 631-8495 or visit the DepEd-CSCA Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/csca.deped
- OMF Lit Bookshops
- Give with books. Every book you’ve bought and will buy this month counts! We are allotting a part of our December sales to helping the flood victims.
- Our Luzon bookshops are located at Boni Avenue, Il Terrazzo (Quezon City), Greenbelt 1, Pergola (BF Homes Paranaque). Visit omflit.com for more details.
- ONE CDO
- ONE CDO relief center Dec23, 9AM-12mn, Kiosko DVsoria CDO.
- Close to 60 local artists to perform on this all day donation drive.
- RockEd Iligan
- Rock Ed has a potable water fund and underwear drive for CDO and Iligan.
- Please donate in kind or in cash:
- Account name: Rock Ed Philippines
- BPI Loyola 3080.0073.44
- Orphaned babies in CDO need breastmilk. The UP-PGH Lactation Unit and Human Milk Bank accepts milk drop-offs. Contact numbers are 0918-769-1662 or 554-8400 (local 3418). They will be closed for the holidays but the Neonatology doctor on duty can receive milk anytime, just contact local 3409.
- For breastfeeding mothers from Quezon City who might want to help: On December 27 from 08:30AM to 5:30PM, the Medela House will resume as a drop-off point for breast milk donations. Address is at No. 29 1st Street, New Manila, QC. From there, the donations will be brought to the UP-PGH Milk Bank for pasteurization before being airlifted to CDO and Iligan, via Cebu Pacific (Reposted from EDUC Representative to the USC Paulina Miranda, via allen)
- UP Music Circle
- HELP NORTHERN MINDANAO: A Benefit Concert and Donation Drive on December 27, 2011, 1:00PM onwards.
- Please bring relief goods (bottled water, canned goods, rice and clothes). Proceeds and donations will go to the typhoon victims of CDO and Iligan.
- It is at times like this that we can make a difference the most. Let’s help out our brothers and sisters from Northern Mindanao. Sa panahon ng pagdadamayan… Lahat Tayo, Iskolar Para Sa Bayan!
- Here is the link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/263139140414748/
Updated as of 16 January 2012, 10:30 PM.
Here’s a compilation of recent tweets and retweets on events, concerts and fundraisers. Let us all join forces and help one another begin again. Kaya natin ‘to! :)
- Auction for Action. We are inviting you to join us in an online auction in order to raise funds for their future. For those interested to donate or bid, the information can be found in our our website. Also follow us on @Auction4Action, visit us on Facebook or send us an e-mail: Auction4Action@ymail.com. [via Pika Yonzon]
- Shop and Share. FYI: http://shopandshare.ph/ – courtesy by @ all proceeds will be given to the victims of Bagyong Ondoy and Pepeng. :) [via @iameammae] [10/18 21:46]
- 30-31 January 2010, 3:00 PM. Padyak Para sa Binhi ng Kordi 2009. Last year a group of young adventurous Cordillerans rode 24 hours non-stop across rough mountain roads, seeking pledges for every kilometer covered in 24 hours. On November 15 and 16, 2008, they were able to cover 206 kilometers riding into the night, through the cold, heat, mud and rocks of the Cordillera mountains in just 24 hours. In the process they were able to raise enough money to reforest 5 hectares of land in Taba-ao, Kapangan Benguet and raise the awareness of the local community about the plight of the Cordillera forests. See links: 1, 2. Due to the destruction caused by recent typhoons, Padyak Para sa Binhi ng Kordi 2009 (originally set for November 14 and 15) was rescheduled to January 30, 2010 (3 pm) to January 31, 2010 (3 pm). BE PART OF THE CORDILLERA’S REFORESTATION! Follow the link for pledge mechanics: go here for more information.
- Padyak Para sa Binhi is for the reforestation of damaged areas in Benguet. Any donation of tree seedlings (lots of these) such as coffee, narra, pine, would go a long long way. More information on that project here. Although it says on the site that they aren’t accepting seedling pledges, they are already accepting seedling donations.
FUNDRAISERS / SALE DONATIONS
- P1,000 for Ondoy for every purchase of “150: The Ateneo Way” book. For the month of October 2009, from every sale of the coffee table book “150: The Ateneo Way” by Fr. Arcilla, P1,000 will be donated by the publisher, Mediawise Communications, Inc., to Ateneo Task Force Ondoy to benefit those affected by the typhoon. The book costs P4,500 each and is available at the Office of University Development & Alumni Relations, Loyola Schools Bookstore, Jesuit Communications, Fully Booked and MagNet. It can also be purchased online at www.mediawise.ph.
- A Nation of Heroes. A Nation of Heroes is a book writing project, the output of which is a collection of 50 stories of heroism (including profiles of the heroes) during and after the typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng, etc. The stories will be written by college students and young professionals. The public will be part of the search for stories as they will be asked to share heroic deeds they have witnessed or have heard of, during the calamity. A panel will choose the stories that will be included. Read more, visit us at http://anationofheroes.wordpress.com/ The project aims to:
- Promote awareness among the readers about the extraordinary acts of ordinary Filipinos shown during and after the recent typhoons;
- Inspire the readers to live a life of courage and selflessness;
- Provide training and mentoring to young writers on development journalism; and
- Raise P 500,000 for livelihood programs (long term support) of selected families in Laguna directly affected by the typhoons, in partnership with Alliance of Philippine Partners for Enterprise Development (APPEND).
- Artworks. Artworks for a cause: http://usapang-komiks.blogspot.com/ for the victims of Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng [via @randyvaliente] [10/13 11:17]
- Black Pencil Project and National Bookstore. Here’s a fundraiser from Black Pencil Project and National Bookstore Foundation: http://www.blackpencilproject.org/?p=40 [via @nevitsky] [10/13 17:06]
- Ondoy Shirts. ONDOY SHIRTS NEW COLORS! http://twitpic.com/ldcuf http://twitpic.com/ldd1y http://twitpic.com/ldd4i HELP! [via @georam] [10/13 21:43]
- Project 20. School supplies needed. They also need a way to ship out goods without having to use plastic bags. For more info, visit their website. [via email]
- Ragnarok. Ragnarok players: Saan ka man sa Pilipinas, you can now help out the victims of typhoon Ondoy by purchasing the new headgear: Noodle for Ondoy for P5 only. All donations/revenue from “Noodle for Ondoy” will be donated to Gawad Kalinga Foundation for livehood programs of those affected. [source]
- T-SHIRTS FOR SALE – Proceeds for relief >> http://twitpic.com/kk0rz – email firstname.lastname@example.org. They deliver. [via @gangbadoy] [10/11 19:04]
- The Ink Squad. If http://bit.ly/EXip5 gets printed, we will donate P200 per shirt bought to Ondoy & Pepeng victims. Vote for it if YOU like it! [via @theinksquad] [10/18 21:20]
PAST EVENTS (Local or International) – Kudos! :)
- 2009. Twitter Hashtag #BangonPinoy. Every time #BangonPinoy hashtag is used, Globe and Philippine bloggers donate P1.00 to Ondoy and Pepeng victims. [via @TourismPinas] [10/20 17:39]
- 12 December 2009. Tik Tok Rok Concert for Climate Action! December 12, Marikina Riverbanks Ampitheater [via Ping Medina; more info here.]
- 6 December, 2:00 PM onwards. Rock the Riles 2009, a noteworthy initiative spearheaded by RockEd Philippines, which aims to unite musicians, artists and the public in a common cause: To demand and ensure justice and to defeat impunity and cynicism. More info. Also, view the whole poster here.
- 5 December 2009. “Kaya Natin ‘To” is an all star concert for the typhoon victims [via @reg_velasquez] [10/20 18:49]
- November 6-30. Support the Philippine entry, Raise Your Voice by Filipino environmental advocates at the YouTube contest for the United Nations Climate Change Conference. In the conference, global leaders will convene to discuss and iron out global agreement on climate change in Copenhagen from December 7 to 21, 2009. To generate awareness among millions of viewers in the world, CNN and YouTube partnered with the Danish government and created Raise Your Voice campaign, asking individuals to send videos with their views, opinions, and questions about the global event. Vote for their video November 6 to 30, 2009. Just visit www.youtube.com/cop15, click “Vote,” search Philippines on the videos per country and click the green thumbs up sign for the entry entitled: Raise Your Voice by Filipino environmental advocates. You may vote multiple times! It is the single entry from the Philippines and South East Asia.
- November 19-21, 24-28 at 7 p.m. / November 21 and 28 at 2 p.m. BAHA-BAHANG BUHAY: Mga Kuwentong Ondoy. Fourteen stories of loss, pain, frustration, sadness, compassion – and hope written and directed by members of Tanghalang Ateneo. Rizal Mini-Theater, Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University. Proceeds of the show will help rebuild schools and communities devastated by Typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng, Santi. Ituloy natin ang pag-aalaga sa mga tao’t nayong nasalanta ng bagyo!
- 15 November 2009, 5:30 PM. Red Carpet Wine Tasting Fundraiser for “Ondoy”. Join us with our friends at Red Carpet Wines for a wine tasting event to benefit “Ondoy” flood victims in Nueva Ecija, Philippines. More info here. [via @RedCarpetWine] [10/17 7:25]
- 13 November 2009, 6:30 PM. ROCK FOR LIFE: Rock To Save A Life! A BENEFIT CONCERT FOR THE VICTIMS OF TYPHOON ONDOY & PEPENG. Featuring performances by: Asylum, Set Lasers To Stun, The Reminiscent, Mango Float, Ars Moriendis, MIGUEL ESCUETA, ANGULO. Location: Southridge Auditorium. Doors Open @ 6:30pm. Show starts @ 7:00pm. Tickets @ P150! Come down South to watch and enjoy the music and to support the continuing effort to reach out and give aid to our brothers and sisters greatly affected by the recent typhoons! This is our opportunity of helping in little ways to do great things!
- 31 October 2009, 10:00 PM. Red Cross – Step Forward is a charity event to raise funds for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy in the Philippines. All money raised will be donated to Philippine National Red Cross. Enjoy Old Skul – HipHop – RnB – Bashment – Funky House – Club Classics and much more! Further details here.
- 31 October 2009. Ondoy fundraiser: Terno Inferno Halloween Costume Ball on Oct 31 at Mag:net High Streethttp://bit.ly/1ZDgFd [via @Spotdotph] [10/13 18:57]
- 28 October 2009, 7:30 PM. PinoyAid-Benefit Show4KetsanaVictims:Oct28,730pm,St.Lucy’s CatholicChurch,344 E104thSt,NY http://bit.ly/A1EOG [via @kay_bu] [10/12 10:08]
- 28 October 2009. @InfinityNinja to host Ondoy 2nd Day of Xmas tom night at d UP Film Center.Just becoz it’s sunny doesn’t mean it’s over. [via @kay_bu] [10/27 13:54]
- 25 October 2009. ART ALL DAY! CCP helps out thru Sagip Sining – http://bit.ly/9gJ1 [via @gangbadoy] [10/20 17:51]
- 25 October 2009. Alay lakad to raise funds for Ondoy victims on Oct 25 http://bit.ly/OqWCA [via @jojomedina128] [10/18 20:04]
- 25 October 2009, 2:00 PM. Charity Poker Tourney on Oct. 25, 2009 (Sunday), 2PM, at Big Ace Liberty Club. More info: http://hex.io/1kd6. [via @thomasmmm] [10/24 00:40]
- 25 October 2009, 9:00 AM. PG Charity Golf day. Raising funds for Ondoy & Pepeng Victims in the Philippines. More info here [via @philgen] [10/22 00:40]
- 25 October 2009, 6:00 PM. Rock Med Philippines: A Medicine Drive for Typhoon Survivors. (http://tweetphoto.com/csdhaogt) CCP Main Lobby Ramp-Driveway, Roxas Blvd, Manila. Donate medicine/medical supplies – Unilab is matching our donations aside from donating 50K worth of meds etc. :) [via @gangbadoy] [10/19 04:53]
- 24 October 2009. Rhythm Relief Ondoy Benefit at Grand Banks in Jersey City. Clothing drive for victims, please bring donations! More info: http://twitpic.com/ml565 [via @lakanbautista] [10/23 21:06] Facebook details here: http://bit.ly/wod23 [via @thomasmmm] [10/23 23:32]
- 24 October 2009, 6:00 PM. Tinig ng Pinoy: Mas Malakas kay Ondoy. Click here for details. All proceeds and cash donations will be donated to the victims of Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng through the Sagip Kapamilya program of the ABS-CBN Foundation.
- 22 October 2009. “We Are One!” One night only benefit concert in Glendale to raise funds for Typhoons Ondoy and Parma disaster relief, Thursday, Oct 22, featuring Lea Salonga! [via @janelleso] [10/17 7:03]
- 21 October 2009, 7:00 PM. TONIGHT! Help us raise funds 4 typhoon relief by buying a ticket to “Engkwentro” @ 7PM, Market! Market! http://bit.ly/3Fp7nP [via @pepediokno] [10/21 10:11]
- 21 October 2009, 8:30 PM. Sabado Buoys and Friends (Mga Salbabida At Kaibigan ng Ondoy Victims)Paolo Santos, Jimmy Bondoc, Luke Mejares, DJ Myke, Mike Chan, and Totop Suzara in a benefit concert for the victims of Ondoy, through the Ateneo Task Force Ondoy Relief Operations, with special guests & supporters Gian Magdangal, The Retrospect, Tutti Band, K24/7 and more. Wednesday, October 21, 8:30pm. Teatrino, Greenhills. Tickets: P500 each. For inquiries and sales, call Cheche Colmenares, manager of the Sabado Boys, at (0917) 420-2955.
- 20 October 2009, 7:00 PM. Save the Date, Save Lives. Join us on Oct. 20, 7:00 PM for “Patakpatak Kabataan”: http://bit.ly/KXqNf [via @adobomagazine] [10/13 11:14]
- 18 October 2009. http://thisispower.wordpress.com/ – P.O.W.E.R. benefit event in Fresno, CA on October 18th. [via @HealManila] [10/11 02:07]
- 17 October 2009, 8:00 PM. Salidummay, cultural group of the Cordillera Peoples Alliance, will hold a free concert Oct17 8pm at Quezon Memorial Circle, QC Donations in cash or kind for typhoon victims in Baguio City and the Cordilleras will be accepted during the event. [via @tonyocruz] [10/17 3:55]
- 17 October 2009, 8:00 PM. Unity Tour in New Jersey for the benefit of the victims of typhoon Ondoy in the Philippines. [source]
- 16 October 2009, 7:00 PM. For people in Manila, PiNOY Power Rocks the Vote Concert – October 16, 7pm at B. Gonzales St, Loyola Heights for the benefit of Ondoy & Pepeng victims. [via @jiggycruz] [10/12 01:07]
- Architecture for Humanity Inc. Yipee. ALL our “coffee with” host have been bid on. All ‘sales’ go towards Architecture for Humanity inc. post-Ondoy http://bit.ly/Kdq1V [via @casinclair] [10/15 01:08]
- 13 October 2009, 6:00 PM. RockEd accepting donations 4 Pangasinan tom night (Oct 13) @ saGuijo in makati! clothes & shoes please! doors open at 6pm. [via @aila823] [10/12 22:54]
- 12 October 2009. Lea Salonga performs on Oct.12,a Philippine Center in New York to benefit Ondoy Relief Fund! http://bit.ly/ma6gI [via @healmanila] [10/11 09:49]
- 11 October 2009. Fundraiser for the typhoon victims in the Philippines TODAY! Come and support us! 12645 Beach Blvd. Stanton, CA [via @AntoinetteTaus] [10/11 09:49]
- 10 October 2009, 3:00 PM. NYC Peeps: celebratn2raise funds4ONDOY victims! OCT10,3-7pm at Bayan Café,9pm at PS450 Lounge,Park Ave http://is.gd/4cvI6 [via @clickmomukhamo] [10/11 08:02]
- 10 October 2009, 5:30 AM. Rescue Run – Race for Ondoy Victims. More info here. [via @miriamq]
- 10 October 2009, 11:00 AM. PAWS Fund Raising for Animals Displaced by Typhoon Ondoy at SM Mall of Asia Music Hall.
- 9 October 2009, 10:00 AM. “Ondoy. Tugtugan. Tulungan!” Concerthon and Donation Center. Taguig City University, 10am to 2am. [source]
- 9 October 2009, 7:00 PM. New York: SHINE poetry/music event for Ondoy victims at 40-21 69th St, Woodside, NY. Led by NAFCON/Sandiwa. [via @tonyocruz]
- 7 October 2009, 5:00 PM. “Hoy, Hoy, Ondoy!” concert and benefit for typhoon victims and volunteers at the NBC Tent.
- 4 October 2009, 6:00 PM. Los Angeles area Ondoy fundraiser! St. Genevieve Catholic Church 14061 Rescue Blvd. Panorama CA 91402 [via @kay_bu]
- 3 October 2009. New York City: HALO HALO CABARET event for Ondoy relief at the Triad Theater [via @tonyocruz]
- 1 October 2009, 3:00 PM. Raise the Roof: A Benefit Concert for the victims of Ondoy at Mega Tents Events Venue, Pasig. With Zach Lucero and the Action Pact, Peryodiko, Mayonnaise, Angulo, Pitik, Ernville, Duster, Stonefree, Blue Boy Bites Back, Blue Jean Junkies, Bouncing Baby Boys, Tropical Depression, Peace Pipe, Cookie Chua, The Ronnies, Urbandub, The Ambassadors, and many others. [via @TakenbyCars]
- 30 September 2009, 5:00 PM. Fundraiser in NYC to benefit the victims of Typhoon Ondoy [via @grace_land, source]
Updated as of 23 January 2010, 7:49 AM.