This is an extensive research done by volunteer @mjeansaberon and sent to us via e-mail. Reposting important details below:
[Research done in a Puregold branch in Starmall]
- The cheapest ones are the bottled water packaged exclusively for PureGold. Very cheap compared to other well-known bottled water labels.
- Aqualife – Purified Drinking Water (volume and price per bottle)
- 1L – Php 12.50
- 500ml – Php 7.80
- 330ml – Php 6.50
- 250ml – Php 5
- Aqualized – Mineral Water (volume and price per bottle)
- 500ml – Php 7.35
- 330ml – Php 6.20
- Based on their carton packaging, there is a total of 12L per carton regardless of bottle water capacity. Basically, 12KGs. The 12L setup seems applicable to other well-known bottled water labels. Summit water has a 6L/gallon container. There are 3 containers per carton packaging so that’s a total of 18L per box. The price should be around 50 pesos per gallon.
[Research done in a branch of Generic Pharmacy (GP) in Starmall; medical supplies listed below are based on this post]
- Oral Rehydration Salts: Oral rehydration for adults and children (DUCOLITE and PEDIALITE, or HYDRITE)
- Php 8.00 each – 250ml
- (If I remember correctly, it was explained to me that DUCOLITE, PEDIALITE and HYDRITE are brand names)
- (I was asked which one actually since there are many kinds of antibiotics.)
- Not available.
- (From what they explained to me, this is something like an IV pack and are usually available through hospitals. Or is it not generally available over-the-counter.)
- Php 5.25 each capsule.
- A pad contains 10 pieces.
- Php 58.00
- Php 77.00
- Php 36.00
- Php 24.00
- What they have is the one in 125mg/5ml and it is Php 24.00.
- Php 0.60 centavos each.
- There are 100 pieces in a box, so it’ll only cost Php 60.00 to buy a box of paracetamol.
- It is Php 150.00 for tablet in 200mg/100mg.
- It is Php 46.00 for suspension in 200mg/100mg/120ml.
- Php 29.20 for 125mg/60ml.
- This is for amoebiasis.
- Php 2.00
- Php 28.00
- Php 28.00
- Php 2.50
- Not available.
- (It is most likely this is for the anti-tetanus according to one of their comments.)
- Php 2.75
- Php 29.00
- Php 26.00
- This is for anti-asthma.
- It is Php 0.75 centavos each for tablets in 2mg.
- It is Php 1.00 each for tables in 4mg.
- Php 13.00.
- If not sterilized, it is Php 2.25.
- If sterilized, it is Php 4.50.
- Php 37.00
- (I forgot the name they mentioned for the iodine but definitely used for wounds.)
- I forgot to note down which of the medicine is not sold over-the-counter for personal use since it requires doctor’s prescription. However, I was told I can still buy the medicine as OTC transaction if it’s for medical mission.
- Anyway, I’ve been hearing on TV that medicines are still needed aside from water. I hope we get info which of the items above are more low in supply so it’s possible to have a small package shipped directly to groups with medical missions.
- I saw a kiosk in Starmall selling some undies for kids for the price of Php 50.00 for 3 pieces. I don’t know if that’s cheap but that should give many an idea what they can budget for underwear donations.
Thank you so much, @mjeansaberon! If any of our readers can contribute further to this post, please leave your comments below or send us an e-mail.
Updated as of 24 December 2011, 12:30 PM.