Here’s what we have gathered so far regarding the reports of looting in places ravaged by flood. Some people are taking advantage of abandoned houses while their owners flee to safety:
- Provident Village, Marikina. Looting, theft, robbery [source], gunshots at night [source]
- Pasig and Cainta, Rizal. Looting in subdivisions [source]
- Whitespace Gallery. People volunteering at the Whitespace Gallery REPLACED donated Havaianas with old slippers. All-new low here, people. [via @timipot, source]
- Bagong Silang, QC. from a friend in Plurk, binubulsa daw ng kapitan ng Bagong Silang QC yung abuloy sa mga namatayan. [via @tinabargo]
- Barangay Silangan. Mtg w/ Bgy Silangan officials tday-topic was (mugged) Capt Endaya’s hoarding relief goods into his house. Canned goods+clothes. [via @gangbadoy]
Places where outposts are already in place:
- Provident Village, Marikina = temporary outposts; residents are encouraged to file a complaint [source]
For security concerns, file a complaint/official report to Philippine National Police trunkline: 7230401.
If you know of any other reports of looting and other incidents concerning security, please leave a comment or send us an e-mail.
Updated as of 5 October 2009, 1:40 PM.