Here are other collated tweets, retweets and online information gathered relating to past typhoons.
RELIEF, REBUILDING AND REHABILITATION
Here’s a compilation of recent tweets and retweets regarding continuing relief operations for victims of Typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng and Santi. Please note that these are copied as is. Let us know if there has been a misinformation and we’ll do our best to rectify them immediately.
- Government Action
- Medical Aid
- Needs Immediate Help
- Relief Goods
- Soup Kitchens
- Contact Information
- FYI: Here’s the official website of Malacanang’s Oplan Sagip Bayan http://ping.fm/NYs7F [via @tonyocruz] [10/23 23:52]
- Anti-Dengue and Anti-Rodent Control. A few weeks ago, Mr. Perry M. Calara, Executive Director of Syngenta Foundation, Inc., has been kind enough to share with us their final report on their anti-dengue and anti-rodent control activity in Culiat, Quezon City. This comes at an opportune time when leptospirosis is rampant in our city, as a result of the floods that have happened due to the recent typhoons.Per Mr. Calara:
“Only during the rehabilitation phase after Ondoy and Pepeng, we are offering the anti-dengue “resource” at a 50% discount. In addition, we can in essence give the community based anti-rodent control assistance (technical and community organizing) in mitigating their rodents problem in relation with their leptospirosis. We are coordinating this with NGOs, Local Government Units, DOH, and other key stakeholders in the community.At present we are already coordinating with a sitio in Malanday and Tumana both in Marikina; Manggahan, Pasig; and Bagbag in QC.
If you know of any organization or LGUs who are interested in this project please do not hesitate to call them. They will respond to you immediately. They are offering to assist in community organizing for a sustained anti-dengue activity, plus a 50% discount on organized communities doing anti-dengue activities (until January).
Here are their contact numbers: Perry Calara 0917-8079227 / Joy 0917-8055262.
- Blood donations.
- Philippine National Red Cross Blood Center
- PNRC is in urgent need of blood donors. Donate to PNRC Nat’l blood services. Text +639276967388 or register here http://bit.ly/gQxpw [via @philredcross] [11/03 12:14]
- The Red Cross needs blood donations for victims of leptospirosis. Please call 527-0000 to find out how you can help. [via @noynoyaquino] [10/15 18:46]
- Trauma Counseling.
- Ateneo. Ateneo Psych Dept. Post-trauma debriefing and psychological support for typhoon survivors. Please call 426-6001 local 5260. [via @andhow] [10/22 11:30]
- We need people who know how to speak Ilocano and other N.Luzon vernaculars for psychosocial support to kids up north. Text 09159785299 [via @yannafeliciano] [11/4 10:08]
NEEDS IMMEDIATE HELP
- Flooded: Sitio and school at Marawoy, Lipa, Batangas. 150 families are affected. [via @pmcalara] [10/31 13:24]
- Bgy. Gulod, Laurel, Batangas still flooded. 130 families are affected. [via @pmcalara] [10/31 12:42]
- Cavite. 170 houses damaged at Brgy. Sineguelasan, Bacoor, Cavite. Families are at evacuation centers. [via @pmcalara] [10/31 12:57]
- 232 families need help to rebuild houses in Victoria, Laguna. [via @pmcalara] [11/01 08:24]
- Quezon. 80 family evacuees are at Minahan Sur Elementary school at Nakar, Quezon. [via @pmcalara] [11/01 08:24]
- Send an e-mail to JP Alipio at email@example.com or to Maria Cleto at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate
- Here is a list of the isolated areas that need building supplies.
Labey, Bokod/Tublay: Lost 23 homes
Coroz, Ambassador, Tublay: Lost 15 homes
Pasdong, Naguey, and Brgy Poblacion in Atok
Takadang, Kibungan: Lost a lot of rice fields
Wakal and Nawal in Bokod: Isolated areas that have also lost a lot of land
- UPDATE: Benguet Emergency Communication Kits – The kits were distributed on November 23, 2009 to 60 officials from remote barangays and sitios of Benguet. Officials from these areas were in the Benguet Provincial Capitol today for Benguet’s Adivay festival, and so JP Alipio took the opportunity to make the delivery there. [12/01]
- Samahang Operasyong Sagip (SOS). Relief goods still being accepted at SOS, #35 Examiner St. QC. Coordnate your assistance by calling 9298109. [via pmcalara] [10/23 17:50]
- Southern Tagalog People’s Response Center. To send help/volunteer for Santi relief ops, contact Southern Tagalog People’s Response Center at 0918-4560104 and look for Kat. [via @pmcalara] [11/01 09:27]
- Brgy. Soup Kitchen. Looking at a possible 3-day soup kitchen to Pangasinan, hopefully in two weeks. Arroz Caldo + Hard-Boiled Egg + Pandesal :) Joint effort w/ DAKILA: http://dakila.org.ph/ VOLUNTEER! Please leave your contact number & a list of skills/resources (cooking skills, vans, pots, etc) you can impart to: email@example.com. More details here: http://bit.ly/B37lF.
- Anakpawis. Pangasinan needs aid. Help TulongAnakpawis gather noodles/usable clothes good 4 5k families or lend a truck. Randy 09287296945 [via @tonyocruz] [10/23 11:48]
- Angel Brigade is still operating and needs volunteers.
- Center for Environmental Concerns. Volunteers needed! Relief ops 2 Cordillera, Pangasinan on Nov 5-6 Center for Environmental Concerns 09274582746 pls help RT [via @barlena] [11/4 11:22]
- Citizens’ Disaster Response Center. CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS! Relief delivery, feeding and psychosocial therapy (free play and arts workshop for kids): http://bit.ly/8V7IT [via @CDRC1984] [10/22 12:25]
- DSWD. DSWD Secretary allowed RockEd Philippines to organize shifts of volunteers to sort/pack at the DSWD Warehouse from Mon-Fri, 3-11 PM. Go here for more details. [via SMS from Gang Badoy/@gangbadoy] [10/23 22:21]
- Ortigas: Megatent. Next week (Tue-Fri), Megatent needs volunteers to pack schoolbags (from National Bookstore). 3pm till 12MN. [via @yogajane] [10/21 20:53]
- Serve the People, Baguio. Serve the People brigade in Baguio will conduct a “food 4 work” program for Pepeng victims. Anybody who wants to join/donate, please go to 55 Ferguson Road, Guisad, Baguio or call 0743044239 [via @pmcalara] [10/25 18:58]
- Southern Tagalog Peoples’ Response Center (STPRC). Call +639184560104 to volunteer. Help the victims of Typhoon Santi [via @pmcalara] [10/31 12:42]
- Tulong Kabataan. Schools need deluge of help! http://ping.fm/tDJvd Volunteer, donate now to Tulong Kabataan! [via @tonyocruz] [10/23 16:16]
- Red Cross
- To volunteer: text RED to 5656
- To donate, text RED to 4483 (smart) & RED to 2899 (globe)
- In case of emergencies, text SOS <details of your emergency> to 5656
OTHER WAYS TO HELP:
- Monetary Donations
- Rebuilding Schools
- Relief Goods
Updated as of 4 November 2009 11:49 PM.
Here’s a compilation of recent tweets and retweets on events, concerts and fundraisers. Let us all join forces and help one another begin again. Kaya natin ‘to! :)
- Auction for Action. We are inviting you to join us in an online auction in order to raise funds for their future. For those interested to donate or bid, the information can be found in our our website. Also follow us on @Auction4Action, visit us on Facebook or send us an e-mail: Auction4Action@ymail.com. [via Pika Yonzon]
- Shop and Share. FYI: http://shopandshare.ph/ – courtesy by @ all proceeds will be given to the victims of Bagyong Ondoy and Pepeng. :) [via @iameammae] [10/18 21:46]
- 30-31 January 2010, 3:00 PM. Padyak Para sa Binhi ng Kordi 2009. Last year a group of young adventurous Cordillerans rode 24 hours non-stop across rough mountain roads, seeking pledges for every kilometer covered in 24 hours. On November 15 and 16, 2008, they were able to cover 206 kilometers riding into the night, through the cold, heat, mud and rocks of the Cordillera mountains in just 24 hours. In the process they were able to raise enough money to reforest 5 hectares of land in Taba-ao, Kapangan Benguet and raise the awareness of the local community about the plight of the Cordillera forests. See links: 1, 2. Due to the destruction caused by recent typhoons, Padyak Para sa Binhi ng Kordi 2009 (originally set for November 14 and 15) was rescheduled to January 30, 2010 (3 pm) to January 31, 2010 (3 pm). BE PART OF THE CORDILLERA’S REFORESTATION! Follow the link for pledge mechanics: go here for more information.
- Padyak Para sa Binhi is for the reforestation of damaged areas in Benguet. Any donation of tree seedlings (lots of these) such as coffee, narra, pine, would go a long long way. More information on that project here. Although it says on the site that they aren’t accepting seedling pledges, they are already accepting seedling donations.
FUNDRAISERS / SALE DONATIONS
- P1,000 for Ondoy for every purchase of “150: The Ateneo Way” book. For the month of October 2009, from every sale of the coffee table book “150: The Ateneo Way” by Fr. Arcilla, P1,000 will be donated by the publisher, Mediawise Communications, Inc., to Ateneo Task Force Ondoy to benefit those affected by the typhoon. The book costs P4,500 each and is available at the Office of University Development & Alumni Relations, Loyola Schools Bookstore, Jesuit Communications, Fully Booked and MagNet. It can also be purchased online at www.mediawise.ph.
- A Nation of Heroes. A Nation of Heroes is a book writing project, the output of which is a collection of 50 stories of heroism (including profiles of the heroes) during and after the typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng, etc. The stories will be written by college students and young professionals. The public will be part of the search for stories as they will be asked to share heroic deeds they have witnessed or have heard of, during the calamity. A panel will choose the stories that will be included. Read more, visit us at http://anationofheroes.wordpress.com/ The project aims to:
- Promote awareness among the readers about the extraordinary acts of ordinary Filipinos shown during and after the recent typhoons;
- Inspire the readers to live a life of courage and selflessness;
- Provide training and mentoring to young writers on development journalism; and
- Raise P 500,000 for livelihood programs (long term support) of selected families in Laguna directly affected by the typhoons, in partnership with Alliance of Philippine Partners for Enterprise Development (APPEND).
- Artworks. Artworks for a cause: http://usapang-komiks.blogspot.com/ for the victims of Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng [via @randyvaliente] [10/13 11:17]
- Black Pencil Project and National Bookstore. Here’s a fundraiser from Black Pencil Project and National Bookstore Foundation: http://www.blackpencilproject.org/?p=40 [via @nevitsky] [10/13 17:06]
- Ondoy Shirts. ONDOY SHIRTS NEW COLORS! http://twitpic.com/ldcuf http://twitpic.com/ldd1y http://twitpic.com/ldd4i HELP! [via @georam] [10/13 21:43]
- Project 20. School supplies needed. They also need a way to ship out goods without having to use plastic bags. For more info, visit their website. [via email]
- Ragnarok. Ragnarok players: Saan ka man sa Pilipinas, you can now help out the victims of typhoon Ondoy by purchasing the new headgear: Noodle for Ondoy for P5 only. All donations/revenue from “Noodle for Ondoy” will be donated to Gawad Kalinga Foundation for livehood programs of those affected. [source]
- T-SHIRTS FOR SALE – Proceeds for relief >> http://twitpic.com/kk0rz – email firstname.lastname@example.org. They deliver. [via @gangbadoy] [10/11 19:04]
- The Ink Squad. If http://bit.ly/EXip5 gets printed, we will donate P200 per shirt bought to Ondoy & Pepeng victims. Vote for it if YOU like it! [via @theinksquad] [10/18 21:20]
PAST EVENTS (Local or International) – Kudos! :)
- 2009. Twitter Hashtag #BangonPinoy. Every time #BangonPinoy hashtag is used, Globe and Philippine bloggers donate P1.00 to Ondoy and Pepeng victims. [via @TourismPinas] [10/20 17:39]
- 12 December 2009. Tik Tok Rok Concert for Climate Action! December 12, Marikina Riverbanks Ampitheater [via Ping Medina; more info here.]
- 6 December, 2:00 PM onwards. Rock the Riles 2009, a noteworthy initiative spearheaded by RockEd Philippines, which aims to unite musicians, artists and the public in a common cause: To demand and ensure justice and to defeat impunity and cynicism. More info. Also, view the whole poster here.
- 5 December 2009. “Kaya Natin ‘To” is an all star concert for the typhoon victims [via @reg_velasquez] [10/20 18:49]
- November 6-30. Support the Philippine entry, Raise Your Voice by Filipino environmental advocates at the YouTube contest for the United Nations Climate Change Conference. In the conference, global leaders will convene to discuss and iron out global agreement on climate change in Copenhagen from December 7 to 21, 2009. To generate awareness among millions of viewers in the world, CNN and YouTube partnered with the Danish government and created Raise Your Voice campaign, asking individuals to send videos with their views, opinions, and questions about the global event. Vote for their video November 6 to 30, 2009. Just visit www.youtube.com/cop15, click “Vote,” search Philippines on the videos per country and click the green thumbs up sign for the entry entitled: Raise Your Voice by Filipino environmental advocates. You may vote multiple times! It is the single entry from the Philippines and South East Asia.
- November 19-21, 24-28 at 7 p.m. / November 21 and 28 at 2 p.m. BAHA-BAHANG BUHAY: Mga Kuwentong Ondoy. Fourteen stories of loss, pain, frustration, sadness, compassion – and hope written and directed by members of Tanghalang Ateneo. Rizal Mini-Theater, Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University. Proceeds of the show will help rebuild schools and communities devastated by Typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng, Santi. Ituloy natin ang pag-aalaga sa mga tao’t nayong nasalanta ng bagyo!
- 15 November 2009, 5:30 PM. Red Carpet Wine Tasting Fundraiser for “Ondoy”. Join us with our friends at Red Carpet Wines for a wine tasting event to benefit “Ondoy” flood victims in Nueva Ecija, Philippines. More info here. [via @RedCarpetWine] [10/17 7:25]
- 13 November 2009, 6:30 PM. ROCK FOR LIFE: Rock To Save A Life! A BENEFIT CONCERT FOR THE VICTIMS OF TYPHOON ONDOY & PEPENG. Featuring performances by: Asylum, Set Lasers To Stun, The Reminiscent, Mango Float, Ars Moriendis, MIGUEL ESCUETA, ANGULO. Location: Southridge Auditorium. Doors Open @ 6:30pm. Show starts @ 7:00pm. Tickets @ P150! Come down South to watch and enjoy the music and to support the continuing effort to reach out and give aid to our brothers and sisters greatly affected by the recent typhoons! This is our opportunity of helping in little ways to do great things!
- 31 October 2009, 10:00 PM. Red Cross – Step Forward is a charity event to raise funds for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy in the Philippines. All money raised will be donated to Philippine National Red Cross. Enjoy Old Skul – HipHop – RnB – Bashment – Funky House – Club Classics and much more! Further details here.
- 31 October 2009. Ondoy fundraiser: Terno Inferno Halloween Costume Ball on Oct 31 at Mag:net High Streethttp://bit.ly/1ZDgFd [via @Spotdotph] [10/13 18:57]
- 28 October 2009, 7:30 PM. PinoyAid-Benefit Show4KetsanaVictims:Oct28,730pm,St.Lucy’s CatholicChurch,344 E104thSt,NY http://bit.ly/A1EOG [via @kay_bu] [10/12 10:08]
- 28 October 2009. @InfinityNinja to host Ondoy 2nd Day of Xmas tom night at d UP Film Center.Just becoz it’s sunny doesn’t mean it’s over. [via @kay_bu] [10/27 13:54]
- 25 October 2009. ART ALL DAY! CCP helps out thru Sagip Sining - http://bit.ly/9gJ1 [via @gangbadoy] [10/20 17:51]
- 25 October 2009. Alay lakad to raise funds for Ondoy victims on Oct 25 http://bit.ly/OqWCA [via @jojomedina128] [10/18 20:04]
- 25 October 2009, 2:00 PM. Charity Poker Tourney on Oct. 25, 2009 (Sunday), 2PM, at Big Ace Liberty Club. More info: http://hex.io/1kd6. [via @thomasmmm] [10/24 00:40]
- 25 October 2009, 9:00 AM. PG Charity Golf day. Raising funds for Ondoy & Pepeng Victims in the Philippines. More info here [via @philgen] [10/22 00:40]
- 25 October 2009, 6:00 PM. Rock Med Philippines: A Medicine Drive for Typhoon Survivors. (http://tweetphoto.com/csdhaogt) CCP Main Lobby Ramp-Driveway, Roxas Blvd, Manila. Donate medicine/medical supplies – Unilab is matching our donations aside from donating 50K worth of meds etc. :) [via @gangbadoy] [10/19 04:53]
- 24 October 2009. Rhythm Relief Ondoy Benefit at Grand Banks in Jersey City. Clothing drive for victims, please bring donations! More info: http://twitpic.com/ml565 [via @lakanbautista] [10/23 21:06] Facebook details here: http://bit.ly/wod23 [via @thomasmmm] [10/23 23:32]
- 24 October 2009, 6:00 PM. Tinig ng Pinoy: Mas Malakas kay Ondoy. Click here for details. All proceeds and cash donations will be donated to the victims of Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng through the Sagip Kapamilya program of the ABS-CBN Foundation.
- 22 October 2009. “We Are One!” One night only benefit concert in Glendale to raise funds for Typhoons Ondoy and Parma disaster relief, Thursday, Oct 22, featuring Lea Salonga! [via @janelleso] [10/17 7:03]
- 21 October 2009, 7:00 PM. TONIGHT! Help us raise funds 4 typhoon relief by buying a ticket to “Engkwentro” @ 7PM, Market! Market! http://bit.ly/3Fp7nP [via @pepediokno] [10/21 10:11]
- 21 October 2009, 8:30 PM. Sabado Buoys and Friends (Mga Salbabida At Kaibigan ng Ondoy Victims)Paolo Santos, Jimmy Bondoc, Luke Mejares, DJ Myke, Mike Chan, and Totop Suzara in a benefit concert for the victims of Ondoy, through the Ateneo Task Force Ondoy Relief Operations, with special guests & supporters Gian Magdangal, The Retrospect, Tutti Band, K24/7 and more. Wednesday, October 21, 8:30pm. Teatrino, Greenhills. Tickets: P500 each. For inquiries and sales, call Cheche Colmenares, manager of the Sabado Boys, at (0917) 420-2955.
- 20 October 2009, 7:00 PM. Save the Date, Save Lives. Join us on Oct. 20, 7:00 PM for “Patakpatak Kabataan”: http://bit.ly/KXqNf [via @adobomagazine] [10/13 11:14]
- 18 October 2009. http://thisispower.wordpress.com/ – P.O.W.E.R. benefit event in Fresno, CA on October 18th. [via @HealManila] [10/11 02:07]
- 17 October 2009, 8:00 PM. Salidummay, cultural group of the Cordillera Peoples Alliance, will hold a free concert Oct17 8pm at Quezon Memorial Circle, QC Donations in cash or kind for typhoon victims in Baguio City and the Cordilleras will be accepted during the event. [via @tonyocruz] [10/17 3:55]
- 17 October 2009, 8:00 PM. Unity Tour in New Jersey for the benefit of the victims of typhoon Ondoy in the Philippines. [source]
- 16 October 2009, 7:00 PM. For people in Manila, PiNOY Power Rocks the Vote Concert – October 16, 7pm at B. Gonzales St, Loyola Heights for the benefit of Ondoy & Pepeng victims. [via @jiggycruz] [10/12 01:07]
- Architecture for Humanity Inc. Yipee. ALL our “coffee with” host have been bid on. All ‘sales’ go towards Architecture for Humanity inc. post-Ondoy http://bit.ly/Kdq1V [via @casinclair] [10/15 01:08]
- 13 October 2009, 6:00 PM. RockEd accepting donations 4 Pangasinan tom night (Oct 13) @ saGuijo in makati! clothes & shoes please! doors open at 6pm. [via @aila823] [10/12 22:54]
- 12 October 2009. Lea Salonga performs on Oct.12,a Philippine Center in New York to benefit Ondoy Relief Fund! http://bit.ly/ma6gI [via @healmanila] [10/11 09:49]
- 11 October 2009. Fundraiser for the typhoon victims in the Philippines TODAY! Come and support us! 12645 Beach Blvd. Stanton, CA [via @AntoinetteTaus] [10/11 09:49]
- 10 October 2009, 3:00 PM. NYC Peeps: celebratn2raise funds4ONDOY victims! OCT10,3-7pm at Bayan Café,9pm at PS450 Lounge,Park Ave http://is.gd/4cvI6 [via @clickmomukhamo] [10/11 08:02]
- 10 October 2009, 5:30 AM. Rescue Run – Race for Ondoy Victims. More info here. [via @miriamq]
- 10 October 2009, 11:00 AM. PAWS Fund Raising for Animals Displaced by Typhoon Ondoy at SM Mall of Asia Music Hall.
- 9 October 2009, 10:00 AM. “Ondoy. Tugtugan. Tulungan!” Concerthon and Donation Center. Taguig City University, 10am to 2am. [source]
- 9 October 2009, 7:00 PM. New York: SHINE poetry/music event for Ondoy victims at 40-21 69th St, Woodside, NY. Led by NAFCON/Sandiwa. [via @tonyocruz]
- 7 October 2009, 5:00 PM. “Hoy, Hoy, Ondoy!” concert and benefit for typhoon victims and volunteers at the NBC Tent.
- 4 October 2009, 6:00 PM. Los Angeles area Ondoy fundraiser! St. Genevieve Catholic Church 14061 Rescue Blvd. Panorama CA 91402 [via @kay_bu]
- 3 October 2009. New York City: HALO HALO CABARET event for Ondoy relief at the Triad Theater [via @tonyocruz]
- 1 October 2009, 3:00 PM. Raise the Roof: A Benefit Concert for the victims of Ondoy at Mega Tents Events Venue, Pasig. With Zach Lucero and the Action Pact, Peryodiko, Mayonnaise, Angulo, Pitik, Ernville, Duster, Stonefree, Blue Boy Bites Back, Blue Jean Junkies, Bouncing Baby Boys, Tropical Depression, Peace Pipe, Cookie Chua, The Ronnies, Urbandub, The Ambassadors, and many others. [via @TakenbyCars]
- 30 September 2009, 5:00 PM. Fundraiser in NYC to benefit the victims of Typhoon Ondoy [via @grace_land, source]
Updated as of 23 January 2010, 7:49 AM.
Here’s a compilation of recent tweets and retweets regarding news about what happened after Ondoy and Pepeng. Please note that these are copied as is. Let us know if there has been a misinformation and we’ll do our best to rectify them immediately. Newest posts appear at the top of the list. Please refer to the time indicated beside the update.
- Continuing Relief Operations
- Death Toll
- Government Action
- Price Watch
- Alternate Routes & Detours to Baguio City: http://bit.ly/Hnp6C [via @baguio] [10/22 22:17]
- PCP GOES FOR RELIEF / AD CONGRESS TO SUBIC http://bit.ly/17uPpW [via @baguio] [10/20 12:50]
- Mga botanteng naapektuhan ng pagbaha, pwede pang humabol sa voters’ registration http://bit.ly/368Ppv [via DZMM] [10/14 13:57]
- Laguna Lake dev’t seen key to preventing floods http://bit.ly/1D5z7i [via @manila_bulletin] [10/31 14:47]
- ‘Fault lines run near San Roque Dam’ http://bit.ly/1aPHEc [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/21 02:03]
- FYI: 2007 case study presented to UN re: Dams and Cordillera http://ping.fm/oxcAb [via @tonyocruz] [10/20 19:15]
- Disasters further set back RP’s anti-poverty goal — Inquirer http://ping.fm/selbV [via @tonyocruz] [10/20 17:17]
- Dams better run by co-ops: 2009 Nobel winner http://bit.ly/1SEl8A [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/20 11:02]
- ON THE FRINGES: Dams and how communities deal with them http://ping.fm/IJLNQ [via @bulatlat] [10/20 10:10]
- Analysis: Ondoy, Pepeng and the bane of development illusion http://ping.fm/anCKf CENPEG via @bulatlat [via @tonyocruz] [10/16 22:43]
- Lessons from the Philippine flooding disaster http://ping.fm/QNeOG by Kabataan Rep. Mong Palatino [via @tonyocruz] [10/16 22:51]
- Rellosa: Worst case scenario for acts-of-God insurance cover is P33-B http://bit.ly/CEojV [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/22 03:36]
- Globe prepares P300M for typhoon-related expenses http://ping.fm/A88JD Weird “plans” if you take a close look [via @tonyocruz] [10/20 16:32]
- Typhoons Hit Small Businesses in Philippines Hard — New York Times http://ping.fm/TH97Q [via @tonyocruz] [10/19 23:45]
- Typhoons force Citibank to cut Philippines’ growth prospects: http://bit.ly/gim7a [via @gma7news] [10/20 20:35]
CONTINUING RELIEF OPS
This section is for news about ongoing relief operations only. If you would like to help, click here.
- Our RC Pangasinan chapter are already conducting their rescue and relief efforts in Rosales, Pangasinan [via @philredcross] [11/4 11:37]
- Pinoys in US to send more donations despite ‘hoarding’ reports http://bit.ly/MjqzY[via @ABSCBNNews] [10/29 01:09]
- UN seeks more aid for typhoon-hit RP http://bit.ly/RZbfA [via @ANCALERTS] [10/27 14:27]
- Civic group to set up 50 more shelter boxes in NLuzon: http://bit.ly/3lK6Mu [via @gmanewstv] [10/22 02:40]
- As of Tuesday, DSWD has delivered relief goods to Ilocos, Cagayan and Cordillera regions, an NDCC report said. [via @sunstaronline] [10/21 13:05]
- Donations still pouring in for ‘Ondoy,’ ‘Pepeng’ victims http://bit.ly/4Fx5qC [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/21 02:03]
- Nat’l Artist BenCab launches relief drive for Baguio http://ping.fm/9CuYc [via @tonyocruz] [10/20 19:03]
- Bayanihan abroad: OFWs send relief aid for typhoon victims at home http://ping.fm/Ynuh6 [via @tonyocruz] [10/20 15:51]
- OFW, tuloy ang pagdamay sa mga nasalanta sa Pilipinas http://bit.ly/3P7Igo [via @pinoyweekly] [10/20 02:38]
- Red Cross relief prioritize elderly, disabled http://url4.eu/dT8q [via @inquirerdotnet] [10/20 05:20]
- ‘Ondoy’ damages parts of North and South cemetery http://bit.ly/2plBWa [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/29 01:56]
- Some Metro Manila areas still flooded one month after Ondoy — CDRC http://ow.ly/wEHj [via @tonyocruz] [10/27 02:13]
- Lupang Arenda residents have more than floods to worry about http://bit.ly/2Fz63 [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/22 22:37]
- Damage estimates fast-tracked http://bit.ly/1gJ7iL [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/21 13:05]
- Garbage still a bane in Provident Village http://bit.ly/2aYy3M [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/21 04:36]
- Storms damaged infra worth over P2-B infra: http://bit.ly/eTRS8 [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/20 21:35]
- Baha sa mga lugar na nasa paligid ng Laguna de Bay, tatagal pa nang hanggang limang buwan [via @balita_ngayon] [10/15 11:04]
- There were 1,050,129 affected individuals of Typhoon “Ondoy” & “Pepeng”,173 Municipalities & 4 Cities, PNRC OPCEN reported as of yesterday [via @philredcross] [10/14 16:47]
- Typhoon Pepeng casualties at Benguet as of Oct 25: dead 208, injured 113, missing 7 [via @pmcalara] [10/27 14:26]
- Combined death toll from Pepeng, Ondoy now at 858 – NDCC: http://bit.ly/LniVv [via @gmanewstv] [10/20 06:05]
- Benguet’s capital becomes a ‘Valley of Death’ — GMA News http://is.gd/4kqgq [via @tonyocruz] [10/15 15:17]
- Private school students in 2 cities get passing marks http://url4.eu/djTa [via @inquirerdotnet] [10/22 02:22]
- CHED reiterates appeal on tuition deferment: http://bit.ly/N1nP8 [via @abscbnnewsyouth] [10/20 23:07]
- Benguet submits debt payment proposal http://bit.ly/3u2jfb [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/22 23:06]
- 370,000 Pag-IBIG members avail of calamity loan: http://bit.ly/14C8mZ [via @wwwgmanewstv] [10/21 03:38]
- World Bank expects RP to dodge recession http://bit.ly/AEr79 [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/20 23:07]
- Goldman Sachs: Typhoons to hike RP deficit to P312-B http://bit.ly/mt3xu [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/20 22:38]
- World Bank set to upgrade its Philippine outlook: http://bit.ly/2c8AKF [via @gmanewstv] [10/20 18:35]
- MANILA – Government assured there is enough rice for the rest of the year. [via @sunstaronline] [10/30 10:51]
- PGMA issues EO 834 to stabilize rice supply, prime commodities http://tinyurl.com/ygh72px [via @NBN_Ch4] [10/29 11:35]
- 140 trucks with relief goods head for storm-prone areas in Luzon: Some 140 trucks left for several storm-prone .. http://bit.ly/3iEAkr [via @gmanewstv] [10/29 11:35]
- Pagasa gets Korean aid for early warning system vs disasters: A month after tropical cyclones Ondoy and Pepeng .. http://bit.ly/14Y84X [via @gmanewstv] [10/29 10:35]
- GMA Special Report: Inside the DSWD warehouse that sparked web firestorm — http://bit.ly/2muvSE [via @mjeansaberon] [10/29 02:00]
- RP urges global rice stockpiling http://bit.ly/dVl6H [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/28 16:03]
- Dredging of Pasig River 30% finished http://bit.ly/4nkgLr [via @Lito_Atienza] [10/27 15:17]
- UNDP says RP needs disaster czar http://bit.ly/P3lLd [via @manila_bulletin] [10/26 16:02]
- NDCC Situation Report 39 on Ondoy and Pepeng http://tinyurl.com/ygfk2p9 [via @NBN_Ch4] [10/23 9:24]
- Napocor rejects calls to shut down San Roque Dam: http://bit.ly/YwLus [via @gmanewstv] [10/20 21:37]
- World Bank set to upgrade its Philippine outlook: http://bit.ly/2c8AKF [via @gmanewstv] [10/20 18:35]
- Bukidnon congressman laments loss of P18B agri products, calls for disaster risk bill passage: http://bit.ly/1U4tNT [via @mindanaoan] [10/20 17:37]
- Flood Waters In Lower Taguig Have Significantly Receded – Sec. Bayani Fernando http://mltp.ly/iSPWuJa [via @bayanifernando] [10/20 12:56]
- Weather forecasters undergo Aussie training http://url4.eu/dT8f [via @inquirerdotnet] [10/20 05:20]
- NPC: Revised spillage protocol out by Nov 30 http://bit.ly/qzOB1 [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/16 23:02]
- NPC: Dam flood warning system ‘outdated’ http://bit.ly/vWHDI [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/17 00:32]
- The DoH is now on heightened alert as it declared outbreaks of leptospirosis in three towns in Pangasinan and three more in La Union [via @NBN_Ch4] [10/29 11:32]
- As of 26Oct2009, reports fm DOH&private hospitals in NCR, Reg.III, IVA show 2,562 admissions for leptospirosis with 192 deathsn [via @NBN_Ch4] [10/28 15:59]
- WHO experts, dumating na sa bansa para sa leptospirosis http://bit.ly/1Zc5UU [via @balita_ngayon] [10/28 13:58]
- Leptospirosis cases continue to rise in MM with 2,158 cases this October, 167 fatalities. [via @gma7news] [10/26 16:31]
- As of Oct.17, a total of 5,212 AH1N1 cases were reported with 30 deaths or 6% fatality rate. [via @sunstaronline] [10/26 15:29]
- DOH to expand subsidized scheme for lepto cases treatment: http://bit.ly/JZTBU [via @gmanewstv] [10/25 09:34]
- Lepto deaths in NCR now at 148 – DOH: http://bit.ly/Wjqgr [via @wwwgmanewstv] [10/22 19:58]
- WHO helps RP deal with deadly leptospirosis http://bit.ly/2f3igt [via @wwwgmanewstv] [10/22 19:58]
- RP’s leptospirosis outbreak one of world’s biggest http://bit.ly/4sMDzW [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/22 12:02]
- MANILA – DOH: Leptospirosis cases reached 1,887 with 138 deaths. [via @sunstaronline] [10/21 13:02]
- Metro Manila is rat infested w/ around 100M rats or 10 rats per MM resident. 40-90% carry leptospirosis virus. [via @gma7news] [10/20 17:49]
Spoiled food downs over 200 evacuees in Laguna: http://bit.ly/UPY87
[via @gmanewstv] [10/20 12:04
- Rizal. Gov says Rizal has 18 leptospirosis deaths http://bit.ly/40NuOt [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/17 10:33]
- DOH: To avoid death by Leptospirosis, remember 4 L’s : Lalaking Lumusong sa baha, ni-Lagnat , Leptospirosis. [via @juliusbabao] [10/17 9:22]
- Marikina. DOH reports outbreak of leptospirosis in 3 barangays in Marikina [via @ANCALERTS] [10/17 8:50]
- Metro Manila. Nation : Lepto outbreak in MManila has killed 89, more feared: http://bit.ly/J8BUv [via @wwwgmanewstv] [10/17 7:15]
- How to know if you have leptospirosis: http://bit.ly/16k6CQ [via @random_salt] [10/16 21:29]
- Manila. Flood-soaked candies seized in Manila junkshop http://bit.ly/9NKYI [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/17 00:49]
- WHO: Confirmed acute watery diarrhea outbreak in 2 municipalities (San Pedro, Laguna; Marilao, Bulacan) [via @NBN_Ch4] [10/15 21:46]
- FYI: Hundreds of leptospirosis patients now at Medical City seeking treatment (Source: My friend RD who’s there now) [via @tonyocruz] [10/13 22:31]
- gas price at La trinidad, #Benguet: diesoline P32.85, unleaded P44; as usual heavy traffic at KM 4 [via @pmcalara] [10/29 16:38]
- Consumers may now report to the FDA any complaint w/ medicines to 807-8275, text 0905-4171771 or 0909-2080500, email at email@example.com [via @NBN_Ch4] [10/28 15:51]
- Baguio City Market is alive. Potato P90/kg. strawberry P300-400/kg [via @pmcalara] [10/27 12:29]
- Vegetable prices in Metro Manila normalizing http://bit.ly/3W7zgZ [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/24 01:35]
- Petron: Fuel hike possible next week. [via @sunstaronline] [10/21 21:04]
- Big 3 Oil Companies – heartless, shameless profiteers http://ping.fm/0Q8Zv [via @kilusangmayouno] [10/20 17:53]
- Shell at Sea Oil, iimbestigahan ng DOJ sa ginawang pagtataas ng presyo sa harap ng kalamidad na dulot ng Bagyong Pepeng at Ondoy [via @balita_ngayon] [10/15 11:04]
- Mga “bakwet” dahil kay “Ondoy” ililipat sa Laguna: http://bit.ly/buOL8 [via @wwwgmanewstv] [10/22 22:43]
- PDI editorial on failed rice tariff talks between RP and Thailand with possible Asean consequences: http://ping.fm/a6B8u [via @mlq3] [10/29 01:58]
- “Website praises Arroyo’s ‘good deeds’, presents alternate reality « Asian Correspondent” ( http://bit.ly/29XL30 ) [via @dementia] [10/27 05:36]
- Misery for 1.5M Filipinos a month after storms http://bit.ly/1BiPsx [10/26 16:31]
- Dagupan was prepared for flooding! http://bit.ly/4QJfe [via @ABSCBNNews] [10/22 06:35]
- A photojournalist gives a first-person account on Ondoy (Ketsana) — Reuters http://ping.fm/pu7E3 [via @tonyocruz] [10/19 23:44]
Updated as of 4 November 2009, 11:56 AM.
In our efforts to keep Bayanihan Online always updated, we have already archived all previous posts on Typhoon Pepeng. It should be noted that information found on such posts are already of the past, and are kept for the record.
For all the latest updates on continuing relief operations and news on the aftermath of the disaster, please go here.
For better navigation, this is a comprehensive list of all Typhoon Pepeng-specific posts: