SITUATION: First hand info from my cousins who live in Iligan and CDO. Evacuation Centers Survivors are slowly dying as well cos of lack of medicines. In the BAYUG ISLAND along the shoreline of Iligan, 70% of pop’n was wiped out, and so many are still missing. One site they have dug up 300 bodies already. This is just in Iligan. Situation much worse in CDO.
This is Zen’s documentation as they went around yesterday in the hardest hit areas which have not been reached by any help. These are the people that need assistance asap. These are the people whom you will help.
HOW YOU CAN HELP THEM:
- You may personally buy any of the meds below, by going to the nearest Generics Pharmacy or Mercury Drug Branch (bambang, if you can go, is the divisoria of medical supplies)
- Refer to the list of meds below, and buy what you can.
- Then go to the nearest LBC Branch and send the box to either address listed below.
- Please just text (or email me so we can monitor how much of each medicine has been sent. (0918-9488850, email@example.com) Thousands of units are needed, so any amount will be appreciated, kahit isa lang, makakatulong yan sa isang tao.
- You may opt to send money, that’s okay too. For your convenience, send me a private message and will give you my bank account details. No time to set up a new one. We need to act fast.
- You may volunteer your time – we need people who can buy the meds and send thru LBC, let us know if you can help in this aspect
FOR LBC PACKAGES, HERE ARE THE ADDRESSES TO SEND TO:
- Send to: Iligan Medical Society c/o Dr. Justiniano or Milfe Ababa, LBC-Iligan City Gaisano Mall Branch
- Send a text message to Milfe Ababa, so that they know what medicines are coming and they can go to LBC and pick up the package. They have been providing medical aid since Friday, non-stop, so please be patient for the acknowledgment text as they are very busy with the survivors. (+63927-873-7797)
- CAGAYAN DE ORO
- Send to: CCF Christ Christian Fellowship Papa Juanito Square, Lim Ket Kai Area Cagayan de Oro c/o Pastor Joseph Bayawa, or Dr. Allan Melicor, or Jane Cutab.
- Send a text message to Pastor Joseph so they know what help is coming 0917 800-0292, or Wife of Dr. Allan, 0919-833-5438
LIST OF MEDICAL SUPPLIES NEEDED
- From Mife: ”Ate Mey, I got a very long list of medications that are badly needed. There are at least 3000 individuals (Iligan only). Any volume of meds will be very helpful. Thank you.”
- I got confirmation today from Zen that same meds are needed in CDO.
- The following are:
- Oral Rehydration Salts: Oral rehydration for adults and children DUCOLITE and PEDIALITE, or HYDRITE
- Antibiotics broad spectrum for adults and children
- Anti tetanus TETANUSTOXIDE, so many have deep cuts
- Cephalexin 500 mg capsule
- Cephalexin Suspension 250 mg/5 mL
- Erythromycin Suspension 200 mg/5 mL
- Cephalexin Drops
- Paracetamol Drops
- Paracetamol Syrup 120 mg/5 mL
- Paracetamol Tablets
- Antacid Tablets and Suspensions
- Metronidazole Suspension
- Metronidazole 500 mg Tablets
- Carbocisteine Drops
- Carbocisteine Syrup (125 mg/5 mL)
- Carbocisteine 500 mg Capsules
- Syringes Guage 23
- Cotrimoxazole 800 mg Tablets
- Cotrimoxazole Suspension 200 mg/5 mL
- Salbutamol Syrup
- Salbutamol Tablets
- For wounds: Agua Oxenada, gauze pads, Iodine
From Memey Mendoza via our e-mail correspondence with her (dated 30 December 2011 and 4 January 2012):
- Security Bank
- Cagayan De oro OSMENA branch
- Account Name: Christ’s Commission Foundation, Inc.
- Savings Acct No:0231-234-999-001
- For dry goods, send to:
- CCF Christ Commission Fellowship Foundation
- Papa Juanito Square, lim Ket Kai Area, Cagayan de Oro c/o Pastor
- Joseph Bayawa, or Dr. Allan Melicor
- Mobile numbers:
- Blessie melicor, the wife of Dr. Allan – 0919-833-5438 or
- Pastor Joseph Bayawa – 09178000292